- Why is Sleep Important
- 7 Tips for Better Sleep
- How to Stop Tossing and Turning
- Sleep Medication
- Sleep Medication Concerns
Why is Sleep Important
Whether you sleep a lot or very little, love to nap whenever you feel like it, or adhere to a strict routine, sleeping is undeniably important. In fact, it’s a necessity – prolonged, unconscious rest is required for the body and mind to recharge so that at the most basic level, you can stay awake when you’re supposed to and perform the tasks required of you. Along with diet and exercise, a good night’s sleep is one of the fundamental building blocks of keeping yourself healthy.
Sleep studies have uncovered that certain functions of the body, especially the mind, actually thrive during sleep. Important hormones are produced, and many biochemical and physiological activities take place, helping your body relax, recover from daily wear and tear, and improve its immune system. Lack of sleep can prevent your body from carrying on its natural healing processes, causing muscle aches and pains, and in many cases, sickness. Also, the chemicals your body produces can also come out of balance, which can cause mood problems as well. Sleep when sick is especially important so that your body and immune system can recover faster.
That’s why sleep disorders are such a major concern, and why experts have turned to high tech mattresses like Tempurpedic or Sleep Number, and to sleep medication in order to aid people and help them discover a way to optimize their sleep. Without sleep, people are more prone to memory problems, accidents and injuries, and lapses in judgment.
Sleep is important – here we offer some simple tips to a better sleep and information about available sleep medication.
7 Tips for Better Sleep
While upgrading your mattress can make a huge difference, that’s not the only thing you should be thinking about when you’re seeking a better night’s sleep. Some simple rules can quickly enhance your sleep starting tonight.
- Keep it Dark. Seems obvious, but many people think that just because it’s night, it’s as dark as you need it to be. Ambient light from street lamps, passing cars, the stars or the moon is still bright enough to prevent you from falling asleep. So close the shades before you turn off the bedside lamp.
- Keep it Quiet. Another basic thing that people don’t think about is how much noise pollution there is, from your house settling to distant street noise. A soft constant hum of a white noise machine or fan can block out all of the sudden sounds that can wake you up, and you won’t need earplugs.
- The Bed is for Sleep. Don’t clutter your bed with your work, newspapers, and all the things that you like to keep handy. The less you think of your bed as an alternate workspace, and more like a sleeping area, the better your sleep will be.
- No Games or TV. While having the TV on while going to sleep may seem comforting, visual stimulation will keep your mind racing for hours longer than you want. Watch TV or play your videogames, but turn them off long enough for your mind to settle down before going to bed.
- Avoid Eating or Drinking in Excess. In general, that’s a healthy tip as well, but eating or drinking in large amounts right before going to bed can easily ruin sleep. Food sitting in your stomach can feel uncomfortable, and liquid may interrupt your sleep with frequent trips to the bathroom.
- More exercise. Whatever you feel comfortable with, from a quick walk to a long distance run, yoga, or simple stretching, burning off excess energy is a surefire way to fall asleep.
- Create a sleep ritual. Doing something that you enjoy on a consistent basis is relaxing for the mind. Whether it is a hot bath, reading a book, or even doing the dishes, stick with it, and you body will associate sleep with these activities, and help you fall asleep more consistently.
How to Stop Tossing and Turning
The dreaded tossing and turning – it is one of the most frustrating and feared things that can ever happen to a sleeper. Hours of useful rest can be lost every year, and despite all of the advancements in sleep technology and understanding, we still seem to fall into the same trap now and again. There are generally two accepted causes of tossing and turning, one mental, one physical. Read up a bit more to see what might be the cause of your discomfort, and then find a solution.
Many believe that tossing and turning comes from being unable to relax, rather than not being able to find the most comfortable spot on the bed. When the mind is still running, whether with concerns or seemingly nothing, it is sensitive to even the smallest disturbance, and it become impossible to become relaxed enough to fall asleep. Following 7 tips to a better sleep, avoiding over stimulation, and creating an environment where your mind can relax and stop the tossing and turning.
Finding the right mattress, by doing a mattress comparison, can help stop tossing and turning as well. Your mattress may be too soft, too firm, or just worn out. From dependable innerspring mattresses to the latest advancements in latex beds,air beds, and memory foam, there are now countless options that are effective and offer a wide range of mattresses for every body type and sensitivity – you just need to find the best one for you.
In some cases, sleep medication may be the only answer. Always consult your doctor when choosing medication. But always start with things you can change on your own – you may find that stopping tossing and turning is easier than you think.
You may have tried everything to fall asleep, or stay asleep. From drinking warm milk, to buying countless CD’s of nature sounds, using aromatherapy and even meditation, there seems to be something that works for someone – except you. In this case, consulting with your doctor and trying some sleep medication may be the answer. There are many prescriptions and over- the- counter solutions that have proven effective against insomnia and other sleep disorders.
Trying over- the- counter solutions can be a casual way to see if your body requires some sort of sleep medication to aid in falling asleep. The main component of over- the- counter sleep medication is an antihistamine – the kind often found in allergy medication, and the reason why one always feels drowsy when taking allergy medication. Brands like Nytol, Sominex, Sleepinal, and Unisom are common over over-the- counter sleep medications meant for short-term sleep disorders.
For long-term insomnia, you will need a prescription from a physician. But there are some well known and reliable prescription sleep medications like Rozerem, Lunesta, Sonata, and Ambien – even those who aren’t in need of medication are probably familiar with their commercials. There are some differences between what these drugs do, from mimicking the effects of melatonin to slowing down the nervous system through receptors in the brain.
The alternative over-the-counter solutions are alternative and herbal sleep aids. Pills offer combinations of recognizable names like Chamomile to Valerian Root and St. John’s Wort. Tryptophan, often blamed for being what makes you sleepy after eating a thanksgiving turkey, and Melatonin, the naturally occurring hormone are also found packaged as sleep aids. The FDA has not conducted formal studies, but these are available to whoever wants to avoid common sleep medication concerns.
Find out more about how sleep medications work, consult your doctor, and make sure you feel fully informed before choosing a solution.
Sleep Medication Concerns
We’ve all seen the commercials. A good night’s rest is right around the corner with prescription sleep medication. But then you notice that during the commercial, a low speaking voice quickly lists off the potential side effects of taking drugs as a solution for sleep disorders – and you wonder, what did he just say? But to their credit, drug companies and physicians do make it clear that, as with any medication, there are potential side effects that need to be considered when choosing a sleep aid.
A major sleep medication concern is – will I become dependent on it? And as with most drugs, there is a risk that you can either physically or psychologically. You may begin to believe that you can’t sleep without medication, and then it can be even more difficult to return to the habit of sleeping naturally. And when you stop taking sleep medication, you may feel symptoms of withdrawal like nausea and cold sweats.
A building up of tolerance of the sleep medication can also be a risk – as time goes on, sleep medication becomes less effective. This means you will begin to want to take more, which again increases the risk of dependency, as well as other side effects. And what are those side effects that the commercial is listing off anyway? It’s everything from allergic reactions, hallucinations, facial swelling, memory lapses, sleep driving, headaches, and daytime sleepiness.
That is why even well known sleep medications like Ambien, Lunesta, Sonata, and Rozerum require a prescription. Having a trained medical professional monitoring how much sleep medication you take, as well as help solve any allergic reactions and side effects can be a huge help.
- ► TRAVEL COMPANION - The Zone Tech inflatable mattress is your trusted travel companion, providing everything you need for on-the-go living. A good use during road trips, long trips, hiking, camping, and any outdoor activities.
- ► COMFORT - The Zone Tech inflatable mattress provides comfort and ease while you're on the road. Helps you feel relaxed whenever you stop by to rest.
- ► PREMIUM QUALITY - The Zone Tech inflatable mattress is made from premium quality washable soft PVC flocking material to ensure maximum strength, durability and comfort for long lasting usage.
- ► EASY TO STORE - The Zone Tech inflatable mattress provides easy storage. Simply deflate the footrest and fold it. It comes with a carrying pouch to store it easily.
- ► EASY TO USE - The Zone Tech inflatable mattress can be used in just a matter of minutes. Simple inflate the mattress and place it on your back seat.
- Universal Car Mattress : HIRALAIY inflatable car blow up mattress after inflating dimensions about 53.94 x 34.25 x 17.72 inches (137 x 87 x 45 cm), Please allow manual measurement error, compatible with 99% of car back seat models. [Before buying, please measure the size of the your car backseat,in case of unnecessary returning] ; This car air bed maximum load about 440 pounds
- Durable and Anti-leakage Material: Made of 3 layers of sturdy wear-resistant material (0.6mm comfortable flocking top+ 0.4mm thicker non-toxic PVC+ 0.4mm waterproof oxford cloth material), ensures this air mattress completely air tight with no leaking; Easy to clean with only a damp cloth
- Easy To Use: Come with the portable electric air pump for quickly inflate or deflate airbed to desired firmness within 2 minutes. Please do inflate the 2 layer anti-leak valve caps one by one, and be sure both valves are screwed tightly after inflating. Carry bag included for easy transport in your car, luggage to your campsite, and easy to store in your house for your next trip;
- Multifunctional Car Mattress Bed: Ideal for indoor and outdoor use such as long-road trips, camping, hiking as well as used as a temporary bed prepare for your overnight guest, or used as sofa air couch when you move to a new house and rental apartment. NOTE: After 24 hours of inflation, a slight natural leak is a normal phenomenon; please inflate it again depending on your desired firmness for optimal use.
- Complete Package Contents: Includes 1x air mattress for car, 2x inflatable air pillows, 1x children safety baffle, 1x electric air pump, 1x repair patch , 1x storage bag
- PERFECT SLEEP PAD: This premium, climate-controlled, heating cooling mattress pad will make your bed into the ideal sleeping environment. Our Perfect Sleep Pad seamlessly fits on your current mattress for exceptional sleep and year-round comfort. This chilled mattress topper is the perfect solution for an overheated memory foam mattress, or any memory foam topper. Start sleeping cool with this revolutionary heating and cooling sleep pad.
- SINGLE ZONE HYDRO-BASED HEATING AND COOLING: Perfect Sleep Pad’s single temperature zone allows you to control the climate of your mattress with a click of a button. Unlike other heating and cooling pads, our deluxe water-based system doesn’t generate EM radiation, ensuring a constant, comfortable sleep environment. It fits single, twin, twin xl and double size beds. Don't waste electricity with fans that barely affect the temperature of your mattress.
- SUPPORTS REM AND RESTORATIVE SLEEP: Better, deeper sleep starts with regulating your body’s internal temperature. Perfect Sleep Pad’s constant climate technology helps maintain homeostasis so you can experience healthier, more restful sleep. This mattress cooling technology can help reduce hot flashes in menopausal adults and is the number one sleep helper for adults in the world. There is no other menopause cooling pad in the world as effective as the Perfect Sleep Pad cooled mattress pad
- REDUCES NIGHT SWEATS AND SOOTHES MUSCLES: Reduce nighttime sweating and rehab your muscles naturally overnight with Perfect Sleep Pad’s cool setting. Cryotherapy-style cooling prevents overheating and soothes your muscles while you sleep so you wake up feeling fresh and rejuvenated. Unlike the ebb sleep system, the chili cube by chili technology, and the chili pad sleep system, this water cooled mattress pad is the only cooling pad for sleeping with a temperature range from 46ºF to 118ºF
- 90-DAY COMFORT GUARANTEE: Your satisfaction is the most important to us. Sleep soundly knowing our Perfect Sleep Pad is backed by a 90-day comfort, full money-back guarantee. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed! If for any reason you are not fully satisfied with the purchase of The Perfect Sleep Pad and the natural sleep remedies it will provide, you are able to return it for a full refund of the purchase price. Start sleeping cool tonight with this cooled and heated mattress pad system.
- Eliminates motion transfer and uncomfortable pressure points to ensure blissful sleep
- Mattress provides stable support with 3" of 3.5lb plush gel memory foam, 3" of 1.8lb plush polyurethane foam and 8" of 1.8lb supportive base foam for enhanced comfort
- Compatible with most conventional box spring or platform foundation
- ✔️ Close the Gap – No one likes losing pillows, let alone sleep. Fix the gap and sleep worry free with our bed wedge pillow. Designed with different heights on each side to fit perfectly into any space
- ✔️ Start Sleeping Better – Nothing’s better than waking up refreshed after a good night’s rest. Our headboard pillow is made high quality, ultra-soft fabric, giving you comfortable sleep every night
- ✔️ Keep Kids Safe – Worried about your kids falling out of bed? Simply place at the side of their bed to use as a toddler bed bumper. The bed gap filler acts as a soft cushion, keeping your children safe
- ✔️ Easy Peasy – Simply unpack, unroll, and place the bed pillow wedge along your mattress. To wash, remove the cover and rinse in cold water. Roll the pillow back into the bag to bring with you anywhere
- ✔️ Natural Comfort – After a long day, lie down and enjoy some well-earned rest. MyBeddie’s pillow wedge's high quality bamboo cover provides breathable comfort and ventilation, leaving you feeling fresh
- EXTRA PADDING - This variation of the Japanese Futon Shiki has more padding than any of our other futons for those who want more padding.
- BACK HEALTH - These twin futons are somewhat thin so you do not sleep on a fully padded surface. You are sleeping on a firm surface which aligns your spine that leads to less back pains and less back problems.
- COMFORTABLE AND PORTABLE: The traditional Japanese futon mattress is also called Shiki futon and it is very comfortable to sleep in, despite being thin layered. It can even be used as a yoga or meditation mat since it can be folded easily. Since it is also lightweight you can pack it and use it for traveling, camping, and outings
- EXPANSION - Please allow this Shikibuton 3 full days minimum to expand completely. Seeing that it is packed air tight, it needs some time come around to full form and size.
- Harlow's Earth Crib Mattress Covers create a safer sleeping environment that protects your little one from potential chemical off-gassing and allergens found in many crib mattresses. We developed our mattress covers in response to research in New Zealand stating that poisonous gases are being generated in the mattress where the baby sleeps. We knew we needed to do something.
- Newborns spend up to 18 hours per day asleep- Wrapping your baby’s crib mattress is a simple intervention to give you peace of mind and protect them from chemical exposure through off-gassing.
- What makes a mattress toxic? PVC is a known carcinogen, flame retardants can cause cancer and polyurethane foam can affect the nervous and immune systems.
- <3 Made With Love & Integrity- Harlow's Earth is family-owned and made in the USA- Completely Recyclable, Non-Toxic, Food Grade, Ethically made from 100% Renewable Energies
- Our crib mattress covers create a shield to the toxic gases emitted by the mattress, as well as are: BPA, Vinyl, Phthalate and Lead free.
- 【High quality PVC】The Car air mattress is made of high polymer PE PVC,which reach the level of aviation application, no memory,not deformed,non-toxic,odorless.Car air Bed surface with high density multi-dimensional flocking, noise reduction.Special air pump and bed liner with anti-overcharge design, with anti-burst self-protection function.
- 【Simple Inflated and Deflated】The car bed is equipped with a dedicated inflatable pump, connected to car power (cigarette lighter socket) and take about 3 minutes for the bed to be fully pumped.There are a number of venting mouth in the car bed, open the vent, squeeze by hand than you can deflate quickly.
- 【SUV Generic】Car air bed is a three-fold inflatable structure, both sides of the armrest can random inflatable according to the width of the body. The design of this inflatable structure will decide the expand size of the bed after inflatable and be self-adjustment based on the size of the actual space.
- 【Outdoor Activities】In the process of family outdoor activities, there are family members (elderly, children, etc.) often need to rest temporarily. When you are fishing, your wife and children can sleep in the car to accompany with you; When you are picnicking, play tired child or the elderly can also be enjoy a good dream timely on car air bed set.
- 【Lover Use】Silence of the night, shining stars, the car will become a romantic space, this comfortable private space will bring romantic and passion to the lovers that cannot be forget .
- WATER-BASED SYSTEM: Utilizes an adjustable, water-based system to regulate the surface temperature of your existing mattress, by actively circulating water through silicone micro-tubes in the pad, thus providing a more comfortable sleeping environment!
- IMPROVE SLEEP QUALITY: Use the heat-trapping properties of bedding materials to your advantage by cooling the mattress surface & allowing the blankets to act as insulation. The wide temperature range – 55-115F (12.8-46C) – allows you to get improved, restful sleep! [*Not meant to replace conventional A/C. Peak operating performance can be impacted by ambient temperature and humidity.]
- IMPROVE PERFORMANCE: Allows for temperature control in one degree increments, so you can reach your ideal sleep temperature and experience the possible performance and productivity benefits of enhanced, rejuvenating REM sleep!
- AID HEALTH EFFORTS: Designed with recovery benefits from cold therapy in mind, customer testimonials describe how its cooling capabilities assist in reducing sleeplessness from hot flashes, menopause, body pain & night sweats, allowing a more relaxing sleep experience!
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: With a power-rating of 80 Watts per cube, significantly lower than A/C, and an auto-shut off feature that activates after 10 hours of continuous use, you can enjoy the benefits of energy efficiency whilst sleeping at your ideal temperature!
- COOLING & BREATHABLE: Mattress pad with new NANOTEX Coolest Comfort Technology. Fabrics treated with advanced moisture wicking system dries 100% faster than cotton, actually balance your body temperature, pulling moisture away from your skin out to the fabric's surface,moisture can more easily evaporate and leaving you a cooler, drier and more comfortable sleeping surface, and leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. It will keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- ULTRA SOFT & FLUFFY: Designed with 120gsm over-thick brushed microfiber as the surface. Overfilled with 5-dimension spiral Siliconized fiber, a quality fiberfill that has the feel of goose and ducks down noses. The fiberfill maintains excellent softness and resilience, and makes this mattress pad super fluffy and provides an extraordinary level of comfort. Get the feel of authentic goose down.
- DEEP POCKET & PRECISION FIT: Quilted Stretch-to-Fit Mattress Pad, knitted skirt pocket stretches up to 21 inches deep and can be easily placed on most mattresses. We used quality elastic trim to securely hold your wrap in place, and the stretchable fabric makes the wrap easy to apply. Constructed with quilted polygon pattern style to keep fluffy and prevent shifting during your sweet dream. Queen Mattress Pad 60x80 inches. Machine wash cold, do not use bleach, tumble dry low.
- VALUE & QUALITY: We concentrated on every detail to ensure them designed perfectly. We use good quality fabrics and filling to produce our mattress pad. The nanotex cooling breathable fabric and over-thick fiberfill offer greater airflow and breathability and supportive than others to keep you cool and comfortable. It will ensure you get the most restful night's sleep.
- TIPS: It’s packaged in a vacuum bag, wash & dry or spread it for a few days before use so it would return to normal thickness. (Good Way Fluffy Again: Lay it in the sun for a few hours.)