Everything You Need To Know About Natural Latex Mattresses
You have entered several words into your browser that will change the way you sleep forever – natural latex mattress. This type of mattress has rapidly become one of the most sought after in the industry, as our collective lifestyle in general has become geared towards the eco-friendly, organic and all-natural. As the leading resource for mattress reviews, we at Mattress Outlet are here to give you the run down on all the sleep and health benefits these latex mattresses have to offer and connect you to the best on the market today.
Life before Latex
You are probably wondering what is so special about natural latex mattresses. Well to start, natural latex is entirely botanically derived from Hevea rubber plants (the best are usually from Sri Lanka), and in its original form is a liquid that acts as a healing agent for plants that have been scratched and wounded. Rubber plants are tapped – much like the same way we tap Maple trees to make syrup – which means that latex is an entirely renewable substance. In solid rubber form, latex is incredibly strong and durable and enjoys qualities like being antimicrobial and hypoallergenic as well as biodegradable.
Types of Latex
The first latex mattress was made using the Dunlop Method, a technique invented in the 1920’s that baked a whipped and aerated latex mixture within a mold. The result was a material that had tiny air bubbles in it that would allow for some ‘give’ within the mattress. A couple of decades later, the Talalay Method emerged, which added a freezing step before baking which would allow a more uniform arrangement of air bubbles within the core of the natural latex mattresses.
Dunlop Latex vs Talalay Latex: What’s the Difference?
|Dunlop Latex||Talalay Latex|
The resulting sleep feel is much like the memory foam found in Tempurpedic mattresses – highly conforming to the touch, but avoids all of the drawbacks of these mattresses like heat retention and the famous ‘sinking’ feeling. Instead, natural latex mattresses are highly supportive and adaptable, conforming instantly to your every movement instead of holding you into one place and one position. They combine the best of both worlds by also being breathable and bouncier, which naturally keeps you cool throughout the night. Both Dunlop and Talalay mattresses are excellent options, but mattress reviews generally reveal that Dunlop tends to be firmer while Talalay feels softer.
Some companies sell synthetic latex mattresses and blended latex mattresses, but these are made of harsh chemicals that you simply won’t want in your home and laying on. Please be aware that although the price might be less with synthetic, in the long run you will sleep better knowing that what you are sleeping on is natural, chemical free, and environmentally friendly with a natural latex mattress.
Benefits of Natural Latex Mattresses
What are the health benefits of a natural latex mattress? Well most people these days are aware that good sleep is part of the foundation of a healthy lifestyle – a body that is well rested and is not under any physical or mental duress has an easier time maintaining its immune system. So naturally you want to invest in a sleep surface that will help you wake up refreshed and not feeling stiff or sore. Some of the benefits you will experience with latex are:
- Relief of Pressure Points
- No Sinking Feeling
- No Harmful Chemicals or Toxins
- Anti-Allergenic Material
- Resistance to Heat
The way to a good night’s rest is to take weight off of common ‘pressure points’ and by improving your alignment. Natural latex mattresses have the ability to conform to and support nearly any body shape or weight, redistributing the pressure that can cause everything from poor blood circulation to restless leg syndrome and incessant tossing and turning. As a result, neck, shoulder and back pain are reduced and the chance that you sleep peacefully throughout the night is increased.
In case we have been too persuasive about natural latex mattresses, we also do want to point out that there is no such thing as one mattress that is best for everyone. All types of mattresses (innerspring, air, memory foam, water, adjustable and latex) and brands like Tempurpedic and Select Comfort have become so advanced that sleepers have a wide selection that can serve their individual needs – so do remember to enact the power of personal preference and choice when doing a mattress comparison.
But then again, there are unique properties of a natural latex mattress that can be highly attractive to you. These mattresses are naturally anti-microbial, dust mite resistant, impervious to mold mildew and bacteria and are hypoallergenic. This provides an extra feeling of comfort and confidence, especially if you have allergies or want to reduce the number of toxins and chemicals in your home. And if you are going green there is indeed no better choice, as these all-natural latex mattresses are fully biodegradable and renewable.
The Advantage of Buying Online
It used to be that you would have to walk or drive to your local mattress store, only to encounter a limited selection, store agents who would hover over you and make you self-conscious and just an overall feeling of confusion rather than revelation. But in the Internet age, you can indeed find and buy anything online – and in the case of buying mattresses, this can work as an advantage as there are plenty reviews and mattress price comparisons to assist you in making an informed decision.
Many online mattress distributors offer incentives like a sleep trial, often up to 90 days, which will allow for plenty of time to see if a natural latex mattress is right for you. There is no risk as long as you keep the mattress in good condition; you can return the mattress without paying a dime. Even the shipping and return costs are covered by most companies. So if you’re curious about what it is like to sleep on a natural latex mattress, you can literally do it for free.
- PACK N PLAY COMPATIBLE - NO GAPS - FITS MOST PLAYARDS PERFECTLY (38" x 26" x 3.25") | Rounded corners and superior edge support create a snug fit into standard play yards every time. No risk of unsafe spaces or lost pacifiers at the sides or corners of this playard mattress pad. IMPORTANT: NOT ALL PLAYARDS ARE THE SAME SIZE. MEASURE BEFORE BUYING.
- THE ONLY DUAL-SIDED PACK N PLAY MATTRESS TOPPER | Optimal design for growing baby’s developmental needs. Infant side combines the firmness that’s critical for safety with gentle foam support. For premium comfort and toddler support simply flip the mattress pad over to the plush, softer side featuring CertiPUR-USA high-density memory foam.
- EXTRA THICK FOR SUPER COMFORT | Your sweet baby will not be a happy sleeper (nor will you) if her playard crib mattress topper lacks vital support and comfort. At 3.25” our pack and play crib mattress pad is thicker and cozier for deep supportive comfort.
- LEAK-FREE, SUPER SAFE | Ultra-soft Jacquard cover is waterproof and hypoallergenic, with lock stitched binding to resist liquids and stains. High-quality zipper permits easy removal for machine washing and drying.
- HIGHEST STANDARDS | hiccapop is dedicated to providing families with products of the highest quality and safety. The CertiPUR-USA seal guarantees that the Dual Sided Pack and Play Mattress Pad has met the most rigorous and comprehensive standards for content and durability.
- Queen Mattress Pad 60x80 inch,21 inch Deep Pocket, 49 oz Elastic & Hollow Down Alternative Microfiber
- Soft: With 30oz down alternative fillings,this pad will add great softness to your firm mattress.
- Skin-friendly:300TC 100% cotton surface will absorb sweat making it breathable.Filled with down alternative fillings
- Fitted Sheet Style:Adopting the deep pocket design which will easily stretch up to 21 inch with 130GSM Single-track Elastic Fabric, no matter how you move on the bed this pad will keep neat all the nght.no worry of a messy bed anymore
- Machine Washable:Machine washable under gentle cycle and make it fluffy again dried under the sunshine.
- TIPS: It's Packaged in a Vacuum Bag, Please spread It for a Few Days Before Use So It Would Return to Normal Thickness.(best Way Fluffy Again: Lay It in the Sun for a Few Hours.)
- Feature:cool,breathable,ultra soft,beautiful,luxury
- Design: Compared to the normal diamond quilting seam, this one with new shape is more supportive and soft.Square jacquard prevents the filling running around.Elastic fabric pocket makes it installed easier
- Care: The spilled fluid can be wiped quickly. Machine washable.Tumble dry on low .Easy maintenance.Natural drying
- Material:Made of 83 GSM pongee reverse.62 oz High quality fitted fiber,gives superior comfort against your skin without extra heat and sweat.
- THE WORLD'S HEALTHIEST MATTRESS: Get all of the health benefits our copper infused beds provide! Copper infused technology is proven to provide Bone or Joint relief and Improved Circulation
- THE ULTIMATE IN LUXURY, COMFORT AND COOLING: Our hand crafted beds conform to every individual, providing the most unique feel and very best quality sleep. Copper infused gel technology sheds heat to provide a cool temperature for the best possible sleep.
- MADE IN THE USA: Hand crafted by Accord Comfort Sleep Systems gives us complete control over quality and design.
- MADE IN THE USA: Hand crafted by Accord Comfort Sleep Systems gives us complete control over quality and design.
- CONVENIENT SHIPPING: Mattresses are rolled and vaccum compressed in a way that they ship conveniently in a box to your door through FedEx/UPS.
- 60" W x 80" L x 12" H
- 2 inches of gel-infused memory foam combined 3 inches of gel-infused foam draws heat away from your body for a more comfortable night's sleep
- 7 inches of conforming high-density base foam provides surrounding support and responsive relief that helps evenly distribute pressure points in any sleeping position
- Luxurious stretch knit quilted fiber cover
- Medium-Plush Feel and Adjustable Base Friendly
- MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS: For sound sleep you've always dreamed of. This body contouring memory foam mattress delivers amazing support, pressure relief and comfort
- 12" PROFILE: Designed with layers of memory foam for support and pressure relief, all with a comfortable feel. The support foam core reduces motion transfer for peaceful, undisturbed sleep
- PLUSH SUPPORT: Thick layers of memory foam contour to your body and deliver amazing support, pressure relief and comfort for all types of sleepers
- QUEEN SIZE: Measures 59” W x 79” D x 12” H and is compatible with most full bed frames. Bed foundation, box spring and frame available, sold separately
- THE RIGHT COMBINATION - Our special recipe for rejuvenating rest? Refreshing green tea and moisture-absorbing ActivCharcoal infused into pressure-relieving memory foam that cradles your shape so you awake free of aches and pains and fresh as a daisy
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS - 3 inches conforming memory foam, 2 inches soft, airflow enhancing comfort foam, and 7 inches durable, high density base support foam; ideal for side sleepers and petite to average weight sleepers
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- EXPERTLY PACKAGED - Our technology allows this mattress to be efficiently compressed into one box that’s easily shipped and maneuvered into the bedroom; simply unbox, unroll and this mattress does the rest, expanding to its original shape within 72 hours
- Worry-free 10 year limited warranty included; twin mattress supports a maximum weight of 250 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 500 lbs
- Composed of 5 layers includes pocket spring
- Memory foam adapt to your body shape and temperature
- Gel infused memory foam regulates temperature while conforming to the body to ease pressure points
- To ensure that this mattress lasts many years, its coils are protected by multi HD and memory foam layers which add to unparalleled quality and incredible comfort.
- 10 year limited Manufacture warranty
- 60" W x 80" L x 14" H
- Premium pressure-relieving memory foam and high-density aerated cool gel memory foam are combined together to provide the essential support and comfort for a deeper night's sleep
- Beautifully tailored and detailed with a stretch knit fabric cover with waterfall edge and matching knit side panels
- Gel infused ventilated memory foam creates a plush and comfortable sleeping surface for a more restful night's sleep; high-density base foam relieves pressure points and conforms to your body, and provides unparalleled support during the night
- High-quality memory foam conforms to your body while the cool gel regulates temperature; memory foam is naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to allergens, mold, bacteria, and is CertiPUR-US program standards for performance, emissions, and durability
- As cool as it gets- Settle into a bed made with our most cooling formula yet, promising perfectly temperature-regulated sleep and a clean feeling night after night, all thanks to our enveloping memory foam packed with cooling gel and green tea
- Pressure-relieving foams - 2 inch ultra-cooling gel and green tea infused memory foam, 3 inches soft comfort foam, and 7 total inches durable, high density base support foam; ideal for side sleepers and average-weight sleepers
- Certipur US certified- Highest quality foam is Certipur US certified for durability, performance, and content
- Expertly packaged- Our technology allows this mattress to be efficiently compressed into one box that’s easily shipped and maneuvered into the bedroom; simply unbox, unroll and this mattress does the rest, expanding to its original shape within 72 hours
- Worry-free 10 year limited warranty included; twin mattress supports a maximum weight of 250 pounds, while all other sizes can support up to 500 pounds