Did you know that how you sleep can affect the health of you back? Simple adjustments you make can help alleviate back pain and the first such thing that should be done is to stop sleeping on your stomach. Why? Well here are five reasons.
1. Your head will be a 90 degrees to your spinal column for a long period. Over the months and years this can really affect your neck and in turn your spine.
2. You wont be able to breath properly as the ribcage won’t be allowed to expand properly, if you sleep on your back your ribs can expand freely.
3. It will cause you to round your shoulders, again this will have an impact on your back.
4. It stops your spine from being straight it will cave and this is the primary factor of back pain and sleep.
5. Lying on your back will help keep your spine in good posture.